Although I do have a major sweet tooth, I also love experimenting with hearty dinner recipes – my latest creation is this protein-packed bowl of stir-fried tofu with veggies in a zesty peanut sauce. The stir-fry is best served over a bed of wholegrain rice with fresh coriander and topped with crunchy cashew nuts! It’s packed with flavour, from lemon to ginger, and I made it using the Brazilian Xim Xim Peanut Sauce from Meridian Foods‘ new range.
It may sound complicated but trust me, this is actually incredibly easy to throw together. Tofu is an excellent source of vegetarian protein, and I find that a stir-fry makes the ideal lazy dinner when you get home from a long day.
Feel free to swap in whatever vegetables you want to use up from the fridge – if you’ve got mushrooms or courgette lying around, why not throw them into the mix? This will leave you feeling super satisfied, plus means tomorrow’s packed lunch is sorted. It’s also gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan!
Peanut Tofu Stir-Fry Recipe
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Meridian Foods.
Serves 3 (save leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch!)
- 1 large block firm tofu, cubed (I use organic & non-GMO)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped (reserve a little for garnish)
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 150g Xim Xim sauce (Meridian Foods)
- 1 cup wholegrain rice
- Handful of roasted cashews, roughly chopped, to garnish
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the ginger, chilli flakes, paprika, carrots and cherry tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter, lemon juice, coconut milk and coriander.
- Add the tofu, pour over the Xim Xim sauce and reduce the heat to medium. Put the lid on the pan and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Divide the rice between two bowls, top with tofu and pour over the sauce. Garnish with cashews and coriander and serve.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutter – I LOVE seeing all your creations!
Check out my other savoury recipes below:
- Edamame Mushroom Burgers with Rice
- Indian Lentil Dahl
- Baba Ghanoush – smoky aubergine dip
- Homemade Hummus
- Simple Chickpea Burgers