Tahini, Date & Halva Granola. Wow.
The title of this recipe quite literally contains FOUR of my favourite foods in the world.
If you’re wondering what halva is, it’s a sweet dense confection made from sesame paste. Whenever I eat halva, it reminds me of being a child wondering through the market in Tel Aviv asking if I could taste “just a tiny bit” from each and every halva vendor. You can find halva in any Middle-Eastern shop or order it online from sites such as Amazon.
I’m a self-confessed granola addict and I’ve loved to drizzle tahini all over every dinner for as long as I can remember. Meanwhile, chewy dates have always been one of my favourite treats (especially stuffed with peanut butter and a sprinkle of sea salt), so it was only natural that I combined all of these ingredients into one giant masterpiece: this Tahini, Date & Halva Granola.
I love serving these chunky clusters of tahini granola with a splash of almond milk and a sliced banana for the tastiest breakfast, or have it for dessert scattered over a scoop of vanilla ice-cream with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate. Let’s be honest, sometimes I just eat it from the jar by the handful – I can’t resist!
As with all my granola recipes, feel free to substitute and play around with the ingredients. You can use any nuts you have at home – I had some cashews and pecans in the cupboard, but I bet this would be delicious with pistachios, walnuts, almonds, or a combination of all of them! This recipe can also be oil-free if you replace the rapeseed oil with a little extra tahini.
If you love granola but don’t have the time to bake it yourself, simply drop me an email to enquire/place an order: email@example.com or head over to my GRANOLA SHOP to see all the available flavours!
Tahini, Date & Halva Granola – Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 2 cups oats (can use gluten-free oats)
- 1/2 cups cashews, roughly chopped (or other nuts)
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped (or other nuts)
- 1/3 cup runny tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or date syrup
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped into quarters
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil (can replace with extra tahini for oil-free recipe)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Optional but recommended: Halva, to crumble on top (about a handful)
- Preheat the oven to 170 C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add all ingredients, except dates and halva, to a large bowl and use a fork to mix together well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the lined tray and use the back of a wooden spoon to press down tightly. Bake for 20 minutes, removing from the oven 5 minutes before finished to scatter over the chopped dates.
- Allow to cool completely, then crumble over the halva and store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Check out my other granola recipes below:
- Pumpkin Pie Granola
- Salted Peanut Butter Granola
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola
- Almond Butter Coconut Granola
- Cranberry Christmas-Spiced Granola
- Superfood Goji Granola
- Nutty Cinnamon Granola
- Banana Nut Crunch Granola
- Pecan Pie Granola
And for more breakfast inspo, try these:
- Cinnamon Chia Oatmeal
- Matcha Overnight Oats
- Creamy Coconut Porridge with Berry Compote
- Chai-Spiced Waffles
- Nutella Porridge
- Quinoa Porridge
- Turmeric and Goji Porridge
- Smashed Avocado Toast
- Vegan Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
- Vanilla Mocha Milkshake
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
- Zesty Passion Fruit Smoothie Jar
- Chocolate Hazelnut Pancake Stack
- Popcorn Chocolate Almond Butter Pancakes
- Vegan Coconut Banana Pancakes
- Basic Healthy Pancakes
- 2-minute Pecan Milk