The granola obsession continues… but this time, with a superfood twist! To me, making granola is an art, comprising of taste-testing and experimenting until you reach the perfect balance of sweetness, saltiness, crunchiness and everything else! This art is something I’ve come to understand through repeated midnight granola-baking sessions (excellent procrastination when you have an essay due the next day), resulting in all of these…
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola
- Pecan Pie Granola
- Salted Almond Butter Coconut Granola
- Nutty Cinnamon Granola
- Banana Nut Crunch Granola
- Cranberry Christmas-Spiced Granola
- Peanut Butter Granola
- No-Bake Granola Bars
This new granola is crammed full of superfoods, from cacao nibs (good source of magnesium and iron) to goji berries (high in antioxidants), on a base of fibre-rich puffed quinoa and cholesterol-lowering jumbo oats! All these components make it a seriously satisfying way to start your day and provide you with all the fuel you need!
Superfood Granola with Cacao Nibs, Goji Berry & Quinoa
I developed this recipe using ingredients from Indigo Herbs.
Makes 3 cups
- 1 and 1/4 cup jumbo oats
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped in half
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- Preheat the oven to 160 C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, quinoa, walnuts and salt.
- In a pan, melt the coconut oil over a low heat, then remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, agave nectar and cacao powder until smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl and mix well stir until all ingredients are coated.
- Spread the granola mixture on the lined baking tray and pack together tightly. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and stir it to ensure even baking. Scatter over the cacao nibs, pack together again then return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the end, sprinkle over the goji berries and return to oven.
- Allow to cool fully before storing in an airtight container.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutter – I LOVE seeing all your creations!