Strawberries and cream go together like peanut butter and jam, or peanut butter and chocolate, or peanut butter and pretty much anything… but back to this smoothie – it is delectably tasty, made from completely natural ingredients and 100% vegan. It takes just a couple of minutes to whizz together (provided you’ve soaked the cashews), and if you’re anything like me, half of that time to guzzle down!
With the consistency of an irresistibly thick shake, this Strawberries and Cream Smoothie gets it’s creaminess from the cashew nuts which have been covered in water for a couple of hours to soften them. This makes it a more hearty and substantial breakfast which will keep you fuller for longer.
From a nutritional perspective, the smoothie is bursting with wholesome ingredients such as Vitamin C-rich strawberries, gut-loving yoghurt (thanks to the probiotics), hormone-healthy maca powder (which gives a slight caramel taste) and magnesium-packed cashew nuts.
If you need more reasons to make this smoothie NOW, it is…
- Ultra thick
- Velvety smooth
- Layered with cashew cream
- Sweet and fruity
- Rich in probiotics
- Jam-packed with nutrients
- Free from dairy, gluten and refined sugar
- 100% vegan
- Adored by kids and adults!
I recommend pouring the smoothie into a bowl and leaving it in the freezer for half an hour or so to firm up into “ice-cream”, then decorating with a swirl of my Raspberry Chia Jam and a sprinkle of Homemade Granola and eating it with a spoon for a real treat!
Strawberries and Cream Smoothie Recipe
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Indigo Herbs using their ingredients.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free yoghurt of choice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Place all ingredients except the strawberries in a blender and blend until smooth. Feel free to add a little more milk if it’s too thick until the desired consistency is reached. Set aside half of this mixture in a glass.
- Add the strawberries to the blender and blend again.
- Layer both smoothies into two glasses, decorate as desired and serve immediately.
I’d love to know if you try this recipe! Leave a comment and rate it, and be sure to take a picture and tag me @cerealandpeanutbutter on Instagram!
For more smoothie recipes, check these out:
- Vanilla Mocha Milkshake
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Top 3 Green Smoothies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
- Zesty Passion Fruit Smoothie Jar
- 2-minute Pecan Milk