Introducing the ultimate healthy ice-cream recipe for everyone to enjoy, whether you are intolerant to dairy (like me), or even completely vegan. This is such an easy treat to whizz together and doesn’t require an ice-cream maker, food processor or any fancy equipment – just throw everything in the blender and add your toppings!
If you’re a fan of salted caramel (which is loaded with refined sugar and offers no nutritional value), you NEED this Maca Ice Cream in your life! Maca root has been growing in the Peruvian Andes for thousands of years and has a sweet malty taste. It’s famous for its nutritional benefits – it boosts energy, aids in hormone regulation, and contains over 20 amino acids.
This recipe is sweetened with just 1 ripe banana and a squeeze of date nectar, which is my natural sweetener of choice since it is low GI and is a source of minerals including iron and magnesium. To enhance the sweet flavours even more, a little sea salt goes a long way.
I could seriously eat this stuff straight from the blender, and to be honest… I sometimes do!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 large frozen banana (wait until it’s over-ripe before freezing)
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter (can replace with any nut butter)
- 3 tablespoons maca powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 scoop vanilla vegan protein (use code FSEli for £5 off Free Soul protein)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon date nectar
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until fully combined. You will need to scrape down the sides a couple of times to ensure it is fully blended.
- Once blended, stir in the date nectar and cacao nibs.
- Transfer to a bowl and add toppings – I love a sprinkle of Eli’s Granola or a few pieces of my 3-Ingredient Raw Chocolate.