RED VELVET SMOOTHIE. If you’ve ever tried a red velvet cupcake, this recipe turns all those delicious flavours into a thick, creamy, nutrient-dense smoothie. Plus it’s vegan, gluten-free and naturally sweetened with just fruit.
Smoothies are a great way to sneak extra veggies into your diet – the beetroots in here add a gorgeous pop of colour as well as a boost of nutrients including vitamin C, folate (vitamin B9) and fibre! Beetroots also contain nitrates which have been shown to help reduce blood pressure.
When it comes to choosing a protein powder for this smoothie, chocolate protein works really well here but vanilla would be delicious too!
Note: I highly recommend investing in a good blender if you’re going to be making lots of smoothies! I use this Nutribullet which is a high enough standard and very affordable.
If you like this Red Velvet Smoothie, you will LOVE my Glowing Skin Smoothie, Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie and Strawberries & Cream Smoothie! Don’t forget to also check out my ULTIME SMOOTHIE CHEAT SHEET to discover all my tips and tricks!
RED VELVET SMOOTHIE – Vegan, High Protein
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 pre-cooked beetroot
- 2 tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder
- ½ scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp cashew butter or almond butter
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 drop of vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond milk (plus more for a runnier consistency)
Simply blend all ingredients together, pour into a glass jar and drink up!
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition – I LOVE seeing all your recreations!
For more smoothie inspiration, be sure to check out my posts:
- Ultimate Smoothie Cheat Sheet
- Glowing Skin Smoothie
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
- Vanilla Mocha Milkshake
- Açaí Bowl
- Decadent Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
- Top 3 Green Smoothie Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
- Zesty Passion Fruit Smoothie Jar
This post contains affiliate links.