This sweet, nutty brittle is so simple to make, and calls for just 7 ingredients and less than half an hour. It’s sweetened naturally so is free from refined sugar, as well as dairy and gluten like all my recipes.
Packed with fibre, protein and essential healthy fats (the good kind!), this is the perfect wholesome afternoon snack to keep on hand for when the 4pm slump hits, or even to munch on as a nutritious dessert!
Try serving these crackers alongside savoury dips – such as guacamole, classic hummus, roasted red pepper hummus, Greek fava bean dip or Baba Ganoush (smoky aubergine dip). I’d highly recommend adding in a tablespoon of Homemade Za’atar or your favourite blend of herbs.
Quinoa, Almond & Pumpkin Seed Brittle
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Indigo Herbs and all ingredients are sourced from them.
- Pre-heat the oven to 165 C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the quinoa, almonds, pumpkin seeds, salt and herbs.
- Add the coconut oil and agave to a saucepan over a low heat and stir for 2 minutes until fully combined.
- Pour this over the dry ingredients mix everything together, then spread thinly and evenly onto the lined baking tray and use a spatula to tightly pack it together.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, being careful not to let it burn.
- Allow to cool, then use your hands to break it into slabs. Store at room temperature for up to 10 days.
If you want some dips/spreads to serve with this, try these: