I get through a shocking amount of granola each week and I can’t seem to stop coming up with new granola flavours, like this Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola, this Almond Butter Coconut Granola and this Superfood Goji Granola, as well as old classics from the blog like my Nutty Cinnamon Granola and Banana Nut Crunch Granola.
So what makes my latest granola so special? Well, the warmth of the cinnamon, combined with the sweet vanilla and maple, are the perfect complement to crunchy roasted pecans! A little coconut oil helps the clusters bind, while a pinch of sea salt really elevates the flavours.
This also makes the loveliest personalised gift – why not put it in paper bags or jars tied with a ribbon for friends and family?
Pecan Pie Granola
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Meridian Foods.
Makes 3 cups
- 2 cup of jumbo oats
- 1/2 cup pecan butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170 C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan on the stove, then add in the pecan butter and maple syrup. Remove from theheat and stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats and pecans. Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl and mi well.
- Spread the granola mixture on the lined tray with a spatula, and press it together so that clumps form.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir to ensure even baking. Sprinkle over the raisins if using, and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes, then allow to cool fully before storing in an airtight container.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutter – I LOVE seeing all your creations!
Check out my other granola recipes below:
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola
- Almond Butter Coconut Granola
- Superfood Goji Granola
- Nutty Cinnamon Granola
- Banana Nut Crunch Granola
And my other pecan-based recipes: