I never would have imagined that I’d be making my own nut butter before, but I’ve realised that seemingly complicated recipes can be SO easy. In the last couple of years I’ve learnt how to make homemade versions of many staples of my diet, from granola to nut milk (I’m obsessed with this Pecan Milk) to my 3-ingridient Raw Chocolate, to this Cinnamon Pecan Nut Butter recipe I’m about to share with you.
The recipe is dangerously addictive, and buttery-smooth in texture. All you need are 3 ingredients and literally 4 minutes! The best part is that you don’t need an oven or even a food processor, just make sure you have a strong blender!
This is another attempt a pecan-centred recipe, and after my Pecan Milk turned out to be such a hit, I had to keep experimenting to see what other delicious recipes I could create based on this nut. I went on to create my Pecan Pie Granola, which you must check out if you haven’t already – and don’t forget to try my Banana Bread Pecan Muffins while you’re at it!
There are so many exciting ways to consume this Cinnamon Pecan Nut Butter – my personal favourite is the spread it thickly over a slice of my Ultimate Banana Bread, but you could smear it on toast, dollop it on top of your Porridge, replace the peanut butter in these Chocolate Pecan Butter Cups, or simply grab a spoon and eat it straight from the jar
- 1 cup raw unsalted pecan nuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional (recommended) : 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend pecans in strong blender or food processor for a few seconds until the nuts are completely broken and almost resemble a flour.
- Add coconut oil, cinnamon and optional sweetener to blender and blend until smooth and creamy – you will have to keep scraping down the sides as it will stick.
- Store in fridge for up to two weeks, but let’s be honest – there’s no WAY it will last that long!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition if you give this a try – I would love to see!