These Peanut Butter Stuffed Biscuits are a slightly more sophisticated twisted on classic Peanut Butter Cups, with a crunchy biscuit base, a sweet peanut butter filling, a rich dark chocolate coating and optional extra drizzle of peanut butter on top!
They also happen to be completely vegan, with a gluten-free option (just sub for GF flour) and no refined sugar.
P.S. Let me know if you make these on Instagram: @elibrechernutrition – I would love to see your creations!
PEANUT BUTTER STUFFED BISCUITS
Makes: 18-20 cookies Ingredients:
- 70g oat flour (make your own by grinding porridge oats in a food processor until a flour-like consistency forms)
- 60g regular or gluten-free flour
- 3 tbsp sugar or granulated sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp almond milk (or any milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 100g melted dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oat flour, regular (or gluten-free) flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the melted coconut oil, vanilla and milk and mix well (I recommend using your hands!)
- Roll the dough into a ball and place it between 2 sheets of baking paper.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough until it’s about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out the biscuits (I used flower-shaped cutters).
- Arrange the biscuits on a lined baking tray and bake for 15-17 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
- Once the biscuits are cool, mix together the peanut butter and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Use the back of a teaspoon to spread the peanut butter layer onto each biscuit, then place biscuits in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and dip each biscuit into the melted chocolate, then leave to set before serving. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition – I LOVE seeing all your recreations! For more dessert recipes, check these recipes out:
- Apple & Blueberry Crumble
- Peach & Nectarine Crumble
- Rocky Roads (vegan)
- Ultimate Banana Bread
- Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread
- Chocolate Sticky Toffee Cups
- Trillionaire Shortbread with Date-Tahini Caramel
- Easy Vegan Biscuits
- Chocolate Cake Pops
- Flourless Triple Chocolate Cake with Sticky Toffee Frosting
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Jelly Cups
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola
- Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 2-Minute Chocolate Protein Mug Cake
- Chocolate-dipped Sweet Potato Chips
- Secret Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- 3-Ingredients Nutella Truffles
- 3-Ingredient Raw Chocolate Bark
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Pie
- Vegan Fudgey Oreo Brownies
- Chocolate Gingerbread Men
- Protein Mocha Muffins
- Cacao, Coconut & Quinoa Clusters
- Banana Bread Pecan Muffins
- Chocolate Caramel Mars Bars
- Banoffee Billionaire Bites
This post contains affiliate links.