There’s nothing I love more than spooning peanut butter straight out the jar or tucking into a bowl of crunchy granola. So I don’t know why it took me so many years to consider fusing the two foods together, but now I’ve been making this Peanut Butter Granola every couple of weeks for over a year – and looking back, I wonder how I survived so long without these sweet nutty clusters in my life!
This recipe makes such a lovely personalised gift idea – I love putting it in little paper bags or jars tied with a ribbon for friends and family, and it always goes down a success. In fact, it’s been so popular among family and friends that I’ve started selling it, as you” have seen if you follow me on Instagram @brechernutrition! So if you love granola but don’t have the time to bake it yourself, simply drop me an email to enquire/place an order: firstname.lastname@example.org or head over to my GRANOLA SHOP to see all the flavours!
I actually do the same with all my granolas, having seen the smile in brings people to receive a jar of this – Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola, Pecan Pie Granola, Almond Butter & Coconut Granola, Nutty Cinnamon Granola and my Banana Nut Crunch Granola!
The sea salt in this recipe really brings out the flavour of these delicious baked oats. It taste incredible when sprinkled over a smoothie or on top of an Açaí Bowl. Add it to your Chocolate Mousse for another level of texture, chuck it over your Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake, or just have it with fresh berries and a splash of almond milk!
Salted Peanut Butter Granola Recipe – Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
Makes 3 cups
- 2 cups of jumbo oats
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 heaped tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 165 C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Melt the coconut oil, peanut butter and maple syrup together on a low heat over the stove, then remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and salt until fully combined.
- Place the oats in a large bowl, then pour over the liquid and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the granola mixture on the lined tray with a spatula/back of a spoon, and press it together so that clumps form.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir to ensure even baking. Sprinkle over the raisins, press together with the back of a spoon/spatula again, and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes, then allow to cool fully before storing in an airtight container.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutter – I LOVE seeing all your creations!
Check out my other granola recipes below:
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola
- Pecan Pie Granola
- Almond Butter Coconut Granola
- Superfood Goji Granola
- Nutty Cinnamon Granola
- Banana Nut Crunch Granola