This deliciously indulgent dessert is flawlessly gooey with a delectably sweet taste, complete with melting chocolate chips. I recommend serving it hot out the oven, with a generous scoop of ice-cream of course! I can’t seem to stop combining two of my favourite ingredients (chocolate and peanut butter) in my recipes lately – like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Jelly Cups and this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake!
The ingredients here are perhaps not what you might expect from a traditional cookie pie – this recipe is free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar (like all my recipes), and packs a nutritional punch, with protein, fibre and healthy fats thanks to the nut butter and the chickpeas, which work so well to create the perfect texture – but let me assure you that no one would guess that. If you’ve tried my Chocolate Chip Blondies and Vegan Fudgy Oreo Brownies, you’ll know just how well chickpeas work in ‘healthy’ baked desserts!
Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Meridian Foods.
- 1 and 1/2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (325g once drained)
- 1/2 cup (55g) fine oats
- 1/2 cup (65g) coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (50g) coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup (85g) coconut-peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 egg (or flax egg for vegan option)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (225g) maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 cup (175g) dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor and pulse until completely smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand, pour the mixture into a greased pan and sprinkle a few more chips on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Leave in pan for 10-15 minutes to firm up before removing from pan. Best served hot alongside a scoop of ice-cream!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see your photos on Instagram – tag me @cerealandpeanutbutter so I can see all your creations!