These Peanut Butter Protein Squares are my new obsession and now that I’ve created this recipe, there’s no going back! They’re made up of three layers of total bliss – an oaty flapjack base, a protein-packed fudge and a dark chocolate coating.
Like all my recipes, they contain no gluten, dairy or refined sugar, plus they’re high in fibre from the wholegrain oats. The best bit is how easy they are to throw together – no oven required!
They were a mega hit when I brought them to Friday night dinner a few weeks ago and I’ve had so many requests to make them again from everyone who’s tried them!
Let me know if you make them on Instagram @elibrechernutrition
Peanut Butter Protein Squares Recipe
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter⠀
- 1/2 cup maple syrup⠀
- 1.5 scoops vanilla protein powder (you can get 35% off with the code ELI at check-out!)
- BASE – add the oats, peanut butter and maple syrup to a large mixing bowl and mix very well. Transfer to a lined baking dish and place in the fridge.⠀
- PROTEIN FUDGE – add peanut butter and maple syrup to a bowl and mix well until no lumps remain. Stir in the protein powder and mix until fully combined. Spread this over the oaty base and refrigerate.⠀
- TOPPING – melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil on a low heat, stirring frequently. Pour over the top layer and refrigerate for 20 mins. Slice and store in the fridge.⠀
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition – I LOVE seeing all your recreations!
This post contains affiliate links.