Granola is one of my favourite ways to start the day – a big bowl of baked oats, clustered with crunchy nuts and chewy raisins, held together by sweet sticky honey or maple syrup. The orange, cinnamon and vanilla in this recipe combine to give a sweet zesty flavour, while the hazelnuts and flaxseeds add a dose of protein and omega-3 healthy fats, making this a nutritiously balanced way to kickstart your day.
I love serving this with a handful of fresh berries and some dairy-free yoghurt or a splash of Homemade Pecan Milk (or shop-bought almond milk if you’re not as extra as me). Alternatively, try sprinkling it over a warming bowl Coconut Porridge or a thick Strawberries & Cream Smoothie for a real treat!
If you follow me on Instagram @brechernutrition, you’ll have seen that I’ve started selling my own granola, with my Peanut Butter Granola and Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola as my bestsellers! I’m excited to add this Orange, Cinnamon and Hazelnut Granola to my growing list of flavours, so if you love granola but don’t have the time to bake it yourself, simply drop me an email to enquire/place an order: email@example.com or head over to my GRANOLA SHOP to see all the flavours!
Orange & Hazelnut Granola Recipe (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 1 and 1/4 cups (220g) jumbo oats
- 4 tablespoons (45ml) coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (90ml) honey (can swap for agave or maple syrup)
- grated zest of 1 orange + juice of 1/2 orange
- 2 heaped teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (37g) hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (50g) flax seeds
- 1/3 cup (50g) sultanas
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- In a frying pan, melt the coconut oil on a low heat together with the honey, stirring consistently with a wooden spoon. Turn off the heat and stir in the cinnamon, vanilla and orange juice.
- In a large bowl, combine all the other ingredients, except the sultanas.
- Pour the sweet liquid over the bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Spread the granola mixture on the lined tray with a spatula, and pack it together tightly so that clumps form.
- Bake for 45 minutes, removing from the oven to stir (and then pack tightly together again) every 10 minutes. 5 minutes before the end, sprinkle over the sultanas.
- Allow to cool fully before storing in a glass jar or airtight container.
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @brechernutrition – I LOVE seeing all your recreations!
Check out my other granola recipes below:
- Salted Peanut Butter Granola
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola
- Almond Butter Coconut Granola
- Cranberry Christmas-Spiced Granola
- Superfood Goji Granola
- Nutty Cinnamon Granola
- Banana Nut Crunch Granola
- Pecan Pie Granola
- Pumpkin Pie Granola
And for more breakfast inspo, try these:
- Cinnamon Chia Oatmeal
- Matcha Overnight Oats
- Creamy Coconut Porridge with Berry Compote
- Chai-Spiced Waffles
- Nutella Porridge
- Quinoa Porridge
- Turmeric and Goji Porridge
- Smashed Avocado Toast
- Vegan Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
- Vanilla Mocha Milkshake
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
- Zesty Passion Fruit Smoothie Jar
- Chocolate Hazelnut Pancake Stack
- Popcorn Chocolate Almond Butter Pancakes
- Vegan Coconut Banana Pancakes
- Basic Healthy Pancakes
- 2-minute Pecan Milk