If you’re a Nutella-straight-from-the-jar type of person, or a fan of the chocolate-hazelnut combination in general (everyone loves Ferrero Rochers), then this recipe is for you!
Despite naming them Nutella Truffles, which admittedly sounds ultra decadent, if you’ve read my blog you won’t be surprised to hear that they’re entirely dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan, as well as free from refined sugar depending on which chocolate you use.
They’re made with only 3 ingredients, and if you’ve got chocolate moulds at home then you’re all set! Don’t worry if not – feel free to use cupcake liners, or even a plate lined with greaseproof paper.
I love storing these Nutella Truffles in the freezer to make them a bit more firm and chewy, but they’re equally delicious when stored in the fridge and will remain soft enough to literally melt in your mouth!
The chopped hazelnuts pack in another crunchy layer of texture to the rich dark chocolates – and the best part is that you can make them from scratch in less than 30 minutes! What are you waiting for?
Nutella Truffles Recipe – 3 Ingredients, Vegan, Paleo
(Makes 12 mini truffles)
- 1/3 cup crunchy hazelnut butter (I used Meridian) (or any nut butter of choice)
- 1/3 cup (60g) dark chocolate (make your own healthier chocolate using this recipe)
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Optional: 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Melt the chocolate on a very low heat, stirring regularly – either in a bowl over a pan of hot water on the stove, or in the microwave.
- When almost entirely melted, stir in the nut butter and continue to melt together until completely smooth and combined.
- Fold in the chopped hazelnuts and salt.
- Fill each chocolate mould to the top or place 1-2 tablespoons into cupcake liners.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes until firm. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutter – I LOVE seeing all your creations!