This Mocha Banana Bread might just be my greatest banana bread recipe yet! My Ultimate Banana Bread is one of my blog’s most popular recipes EVER, and you guys went crazy for my Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread too – so I have no doubt this one will go down just as well!
This Mocha Banana Bread truly is a showstopper (if I say so myself!) – it makes me so proud when I see the expression on people’s faces when they take their first bite!
I love serving this to friends and family and then having any leftovers (if there are any!) spread with my favourite Peanut Butter and a dollop of my Raspberry Chia Jam. Name a better breakfast scenario than a slice of this in one hand and a fresh cup of espresso in the other – I recently ordered this Nespresso coffee machine with an Aeroccino milk frother and it was hands down the BEST investment I’ve made this year!
Top Tip: Wait until your bananas are over-ripe and spotty – this is when they’re at their sweetest and work best in baking!
Let me know if you make these on Instagram: @elibrechernutrition – I would love to see your creations!
MOCHA BANANA BREAD (Gluten-Free, Vegan Option)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs (or flax eggs for vegan option)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup (or liquid sweetener e.g. honey/agave/date syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 heaped tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- small pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Line a loaf pan with greaseproof paper or a coating of coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs then add the bananas and mash until fully combined.
- Whisk in the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flours, ground coffee, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together until a smooth batter forms, then fold in the chocolate chips (save a few to decorate).
- Pour into the lined pan and sprinkle more chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then allow to cool before removing from the tin and serving.
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition if you give this a try – I would love to see!