With Easter coming up, we’re surrounded by chocolate bunnies and creme eggs left, right and centre. Why not swap the classic chocolatey treats in favour of this Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie? It’s just as indulgent as my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake but with a fresh minty twist!
Its rich flavours come from cacao nibs, raw cacao powder and a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil, while the almond butter, frozen banana and a small amount of avocado give it an incredibly creamy consistency.
Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 heaped tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp raw almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut blossom nectar or maple syrup
- Optional: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use MissFits, get £5 off with my code Eli5)
- Fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
- Add all ingredients, except cacao nibs and fresh mint leaves, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in cacao nibs with a spoon, pour into a glass and garnish with fresh mint leaves and more cacao nibs before serving.
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutter – I LOVE seeing all your recreations!