Roasted vegetables are one of my favourite side dishes and a brilliant way to add nourishment to any meal. The key to making them exciting is adding a variety of herbs such as this Homemade Za’atar, and combining different coloured veggies for maximum nourishment!
Try serving these vegetables alongside a selection of dips like this Easy Hummus or this Baba Ganoush (smoky aubergine dip).
Here is the recipe for a really classic tray of delicious roast veg:
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
2 sweet potatoes
2 large mushrooms
2 shallot onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Remove the outer layer of the onion.
2. Chop courgette, peppers, sweet potato, aubergine, carrot, mushrooms, leeks and onions into pieces roughly the same size.
3. Remove the outer layer of the garlic and chop into 4 chunks.
4. Scatter all vegetables, onion and garlic on to a large roasting tray.
5. Add your oil, salt, pepper and herbs and mix together thoroughly using your hands so that everything is coated in some oil.
6. Bake in the oven for around 30-40 minutes until cooked through and slightly charred.