Autumn is well and truly here, and with the clocks going backwards this weekend, the evenings are getting longer, darker and colder. This Ginger, Cinnamon & Turmeric Tea is a delicious soothing drink, perfect to enjoy at this time of year. It’s my go-to when I’m feeling a little under the weather and want that hug-in-a-mug experience! 🍂
This tea is packed with soothing ingredients like fresh ginger and turmeric, along with cinnamon which provides a natural sweetness – although you can add a dash of honey if you like! 🍯
For the ultimate cosy evening in, light a candle, put your most comfortable pyjamas on and make this Ginger, Cinnamon & Turmeric Tea – you can thank me later! 🧸
Cinnamon, Ginger & Turmeric Tea
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated or cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric, grated or cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- Small pinch of black pepper
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 slice of lemon
- Optional: 1 tsp honey to sweeten
- Add the water, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, cloves and black pepper to a saucepan. Cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the lemon juice, lemon slice and honey, if using, then serve and enjoy.
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition – I LOVE seeing all your recreations!
If you’re interested in working together to optimise your nutrition and overall wellbeing, please get in contact via Consultations.
For more warming drinks, be sure to check out my posts: