If you’ve never tried mixing mini marshmallows into your brownie batter, you’ve been missing out! These double chocolate brownies take the fudge factor to a whole new level with chewy melted marshmallows. They’re made with a combination of 70% dark chocolate and cacao powder for an extra depth of flavour.
These brownies are dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free, plus they can easily be made vegan by replacing the egg with your alternative of choice. Definitely my best brownie recipe yet!
Let me know if you make these on Instagram: @elibrechernutrition– I would love to see your creations!
CHOCOLATE FUDGE MARSHMALLOW BROWNIES
(Gluten-Free, Vegan Option)
Makes 8-10 brownies
- 150g dark chocolate (70%)
- 120g (dairy-free) butter
- 100g coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 100g granulated sweetener (or replace with sugar)
- 2 eggs or vegan alternative e.g. flax eggs
- 70g self-raising flour (I use gluten-free)
- 25g cocoa or cacao powder
- Handful of vegan mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a small baking tray with greaseproof paper.⠀
- In a large saucepan, melt the chocolate, butter, sugar and sweetener over a low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the eggs.
- Slowly sift in the flour and cocoa, mixing as you go along until fully combined, then stir in the marshmallows.
- Pour the brownie batter into the lined baking tray and bake for 30 minutes. ⠀
- Allow to cool fully for at least 45 mins in the tin before slicing into squares.
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition – I LOVE seeing all your recreations!
For more chocolatey recipes, check these out:
This post contains affiliate links.