These are officially the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made, and the best you will ever make too! Perfectly chewy with crisp edges and filled with dark choc chips that will make your mouth water with each bite.
I can’t believe these cookies are made with only 10 simple ingredients and contain no gluten, dairy, oil or refined sugar, plus there’s just one little swap below to make them vegan by replacing the egg with ground flaxseed (it really works!)
These chewy choc chip cookies are made with straightforward, healthy ingredients – although as far as I’m concerned, the more chocolate chips the merrier 😊
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Oil-Free, Vegan Option)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup runny almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 3/4 cup oat flour (make your own by grinding oats in a food processor)
- 1 egg (vegan option – flax egg: 1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 170 C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla extract to a larger bowl and mix together until completely smooth.
- Crack in the egg (or add flax egg) and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, whisking as you go along until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for 5 minutes, then roll into small balls, flatten slightly and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (depending how soft you want them), then allow to cool before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
For more dessert recipes, check these recipes out:
- Tahini Freezer Fudge
- Apple & Blueberry Crumble
- Peach & Nectarine Crumble
- Rocky Roads (vegan)
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Vegan Buttercream
- Ultimate Banana Bread
- Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread
- Chocolate Sticky Toffee Cups
- Trillionaire Shortbread with Date-Tahini Caramel
- Easy Vegan Biscuits
- Chocolate Cake Pops
- Flourless Triple Chocolate Cake with Sticky Toffee Frosting
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Jelly Cups
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola
- Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 2-Minute Chocolate Protein Mug Cake
- Chocolate-dipped Sweet Potato Chips
- Secret Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- 3-Ingredients Nutella Truffles
- 3-Ingredient Raw Chocolate Bark
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Pie
- Vegan Fudgey Oreo Brownies
- Chocolate Gingerbread Men
- Protein Mocha Muffins
- Cacao, Coconut & Quinoa Clusters
- Banana Bread Pecan Muffins
- Chocolate Caramel Mars Bars