If you are yet to try ‘Zoats’, it’s time to jump on the band-wagon. Although I am fully aware that adding courgette (zucchini for the ‘Z’) to a bowl of porridge sounds totally bizarre at first, I have discovered that it actually tastes incredible whilst enhancing the creamy texture.
Needless to say this dish is ridiculously good for you – free from refined sugar, dairy and wheat, it packs in green goodness from the courgette, and the hidden chia seeds to increase the protein and omega 3 content, as well as wholegrain fibre from the oats.
3/4 cup oats
1/2 courgette (zucchini) grated
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp carob powder (or double the cacao)
1 tbsp liquid sweetener (maple syrup/agave/honey)
1 cup almond milk of choice
1/2 a banana
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Combine all ingredients except banana in a bowl and mix well.
3. Transfer to stove and cook on a low-medium heat for 3 mins.
4. Chop the banana and stir through half.
5. Transfer to an oven-proof dish and decorate the top with the remaining banana.
6. Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!