You’ll know I’ve got the whole Chocolate Nut Butter Cup thing down if you’ve tried my Peanut Butter Jelly Cups or my Chocolate Green Nut Butter Cups, but these Chocolate Sticky Toffee Cups take things up to a whole new level!
The best part about this recipe is that it requires only 2 ingredients, provided you’ve pre-made a batch of my Sticky Toffee Date Spread – I normally keep a jar in the fridge to spread on a slice of my Ultimate Banana Bread or to smother on sliced apple!
Chocolate Sticky Toffee Cups
- 160g Homemade Raw Chocolate (or use 70% dark chocolate)
- 1 batch Sticky Toffee Date Spread
- Optional topping: 9 almonds/any nuts + sprinkle of sea salt
- Line a mini muffin tin with small cupcake liners.
- Melt the chocolate over the stove.
- Pour 1 heaped teaspoon of the chocolate into the bottom of each liner, to thinly coat the bottom, and tilt slightly so it goes up the sides by about 3mm. Don’t use more than half the chocolate mixture for this.
- Place the liners in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden. Meanwhile, make the Sticky Toffee Date Maca Spread if you haven’t already.
- Remove cupcake liners from the freezer and add 1 teaspoon of the Sticky Toffee Date Maca Spread to the middle of the chocolate. Even out with the back of a spoon. Ensuring the chocolate is still melted (warm up in microwave or stove for a 10-20 seconds if necessary), pour enough of the chocolate over the frosting to completely cover it. Repeat with the rest.
- Decorate with one nut on top of each one and a sprinkle of salt, then place in a sealed container in the fridge to harden completely.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutter so I can see your creations!
For more sticky toffee recipes, check out Sticky Toffee Date Maca Spread, Flourless Triple Chocolate Cake with Sticky Toffee Frosting and this Salted Caramel Popcorn.