Everyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I’m addicted to the classic combo of chocolate + peanut butter. They’re a match made in heaven, as proven by Reese’s peanut butter cups!
This milkshake requires just 5 simple ingredients and 5 minutes to make, and in my opinion it tastes just like a peanut butter cup in liquid form! So if you love chocolate + peanut butter + bananas, this shake has got your name all over it. The frozen banana provide an ice-cream-like base, while the dates add a touch of natural sweetness. Top it with melted peanut butter and homemade granola (try my Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola, Almond Butter Coconut Granola or Banana Nut Crunch Granola) and prepare to be amazed.
It tastes so sinfully satisfying for that sweet tooth, you would never think to classify it as healthy! As well as it being vegan and free from refined sugars, it’s also jam-packed with health benefits:
- Bananas = potassium + prebiotics
- Dates = iron + fibre + low-glycemic index
- Peanut butter = protein + healthy fats
- Cacao powder = magnesium + 40 TIMES THE ANTIOXIDANTS OF BLUEBERRIES
- Balanced macronutrients: high in protein, essential healthy fats and energy-boosting carbohydrate = perfect breakfast or post-gym snack.
All you need is a ripe banana, cacao powder (can be replaced with cocoa), a jar of peanut butter, almond milk or any other plant-based milk and a couple of dates for extra sweetness. If you’ve got all these ingredients at home (I always do), then there’s just 5 minutes standing between you and the highest form of utter bliss!
I like to enhance the rich chocolatey flavour of the cacao even more by adding half a scoop of chocolate protein powder from MissFits Nutrition – it’s insanely delicious and has no nasty additives unlike most protein powders out there, and the best news is you can get £5 off your order using my code CPB5 .
I’m convinced you will love this decadent milkshake as much as I do – if so, please let me know!
Leave a comment and rate the recipe, and be sure to take a picture and tag me @cerealandpeanutbutter on Instagram!
- 1 ripe frozen banana (if you don’t have frozen banana just use a fresh one and add a handful of ice)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (ideally 100% peanuts!)
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder (I get mine from myvitamins with code ELI25 for 25% off!)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or try my 2-minute Pecan Milk)
- Optional: 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder – my favourite is MissFits Nutrition, use my discount code CPB5 for £5 off your order!
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass or bowl, top with copious amounts of Banana Nut Crunch Granola and a generous drizzle of peanut butter.