Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Treats
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Treats bring back childhood memories of making a certain crispy rice cereal-based dessert on repeat with my mum. I created this healthier version which is considerably lower in sugar and higher in fibre.
Chocolate and peanut butter are a flavour match made in heaven and the two distinct layers give these treats another level of delightful textures to sink your teeth into.
They are vegan, gluten-free (provided you use GF oats) and don’t require any baking – just a fridge! I like to use puffed quinoa which is higher in protein, but you can use puffed rice if you prefer (or the cereal we all know and love).
If you like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Treats, I think you’ll LOVE my Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, Peanut Butter Banana Caramel Squares, Blondie Brownie Bites, Trillionaire Shortbread, and Peanut Butter Protein Squares!
Let me know if you make these by tagging me in a photo on Instagram @elibrechernutrition.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Treats – Vegan, No-Bake, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
For the base:
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup puffed quinoa/rice
For the top:
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa/rice
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a saucepan, then remove from the heat and mix in 1/2 cup puffed quinoa/rice.
- While the chocolate is melting, mix all base ingredients together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Add a heaped tablespoon of the base mixture to the 6 cupcake cases and press down slightly.
- Pour the chocolate on top, dividing evenly between the 6 cupcake cases. Place in the fridge for one hour to set, then serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition – I LOVE seeing all your creations! For more dessert recipes, check these recipes out:
- Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- Raspberry Pie Snack Bars
- Blondie Brownie Bites
- Peanut Butter Caramel Squares
- Peanut Butter Protein Squares
- Mini Apple Cobblers
- Apple Crumble Muffins
- Apple & Blueberry Crumble
- Peach & Nectarine Crumble
- Rocky Roads (vegan)
- Ultimate Banana Bread
- Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread
- Chocolate Sticky Toffee Cups
- Trillionaire Shortbread with Date-Tahini Caramel
- Easy Vegan Biscuits
- Chocolate Cake Pops
- Flourless Triple Chocolate Cake with Sticky Toffee Frosting
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Jelly Cups
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola
- Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 2-Minute Chocolate Protein Mug Cake
- Chocolate-dipped Sweet Potato Chips
- Secret Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- 3-Ingredients Nutella Truffles
- 3-Ingredient Raw Chocolate Bark
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Pie
- Vegan Fudgey Oreo Brownies
- Chocolate Gingerbread Men
- Protein Mocha Muffins
- Cacao, Coconut & Quinoa Clusters
- Banana Bread Pecan Muffins
- Chocolate Caramel Mars Bars
- Banoffee Billionaire Bites
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Biscuits