I recently discovered a seriously game-changing way to eat two of my favourite foods together. I’m not sure how I survived 22 years without these chocolate-dipped crispy baked sweet potato chips in my life! To be honest, I’ve had a love affair with sweet potatoes for as long as I can remember and have enjoyed experimenting with them in all sorts of ways, from adding the purée to my pancake batter (don’t knock it till you’ve tried it) to this Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup recipe.
As much as I’m a sweet potato fan, it’s clear from my recipes that I can’t resist a chocolatey dessert, especially when it’s made with Cacao Powder and other healthy ingredients, whether it’s this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake, this Healthy Chocolate Mousse or a warming drink like this Brain-Boosting Hot Chocolate.
So it’s no surprise that I’ve become addicted to these sweet potato chips coated in rich dark chocolate and dusted in sea salt. The two elements really are a match made in heaven, and the sweetness of the potato and the chocolate is perfectly balanced by the salt. I personally think this tastes best dipped into my 3-Ingredient Homemade Chocolate, but it’s also delicious with plain dark chocolate. Now that I’ve tried this combination, I don’t think I’ll ever stop making this…
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate, or Homemade 3-Ingredient Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170 C.
- Wash the sweet potato and slice into thin rounds. On a greased baking tray, coat the sweet potato in the coconut oil, salt and cinnamon until equally covered.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes, flipping halfway through to cook evenly.
- After 30 minutes, make the 3-Ingredient Homemade Chocolate (no need to allow it to set as you want it melted). If using plain dark chocolate, break into small chunks and melt over a low heat on the stove or in the microwave.
- Remove the chips from oven and dip them halfway into the chocolate. Lay them on a lined baking tray to set (do not place in fridge). Serve fresh, or store in tupperware at room temperature once cooled.