If you’ve had a browse on my blog, you’ll know that I have a sweet tooth, particularly when chocolate is involved. You may have also noticed my soft spot for granola, with recipes including my Salted Almond Butter Granola, Nutty Cinnamon Granola and Banana Nut Crunch Granola – granola always hits the spot for me, so combined with my passion for all things cacao, this recipe was bound to be a hit!
My latest granola recipe tastes decadent enough to be dessert-for-breakfast, and is heavenly straight out of the jar. To be honest, I struggle to keep my hand out of the jar and steal a mouthful or two every time I walk into the kitchen! I challenge you to resist…
It’s all of these things and more:
- Studded with chocolate chips
- Sweet yet salty
- High in fibre
- Filling + satisfying
- Free from dairy/gluten/refined sugar
- Suitable for vegans
Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola
Makes 3 cups
- 1 and 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160 C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, raw quinoa, walnuts and salt.
- In a pan, melt the coconut oil over a low heat, then remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, maple syrup, coconut sugar and cacao/cocoa powder until smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl and mix well stir until all ingredients are coated.
- Spread the granola mixture on the lined baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and stir it to ensure even baking. Add the coconut flakes, then return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Scatter the chocolate chips and allow to cool fully before storing in an airtight container.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutter – I LOVE seeing all your creations!