There’s something about eating a smoothie out of a bowl with a spoon that just has me hooked – I’d choose a smoothie bowl over drinking it from a glass any day! I love to make my smoothie bowls extra thick so they have an almost ice-cream-like texture, except they’re packed full of nutrients! I’ve outlined the stages that go into making the best smoothie ever (every single time) in my ULTIME SMOOTHIE CHEAT SHEET where I share all my favourite hacks, so be sure to give that a read!
This decadent chocolate smoothie bowl tastes like dessert for breakfast – it’s sweet, creamy and loaded with protein, healthy fats, antioxidants and fibre!
Don’t forget to read my ULTIME SMOOTHIE CHEAT SHEET to discover all my tips and tricks!
For more smoothie recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these posts:
- Glowing Skin Smoothie
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
- Vanilla Mocha Milkshake
- Açaí Bowl
- Top 3 Green Smoothie Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
- Zesty Passion Fruit Smoothie Jar
Chocolate Smoothie Bowl Recipe (dairy-free, vegan)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp cacao
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, add as many toppings and grab a spoon!
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition – I LOVE seeing all your recreations!