There’s something about eating a smoothie out of a bowl with a spoon that just has me hooked – I’d choose a smoothie bowl over drinking it from a glass any day! I love to make my smoothie bowls extra thick so they have an almost ice-cream-like texture, except they’re packed full of nutrients! I’ve outlined the stages that go into making the best smoothie ever (every single time) in my ULTIME SMOOTHIE CHEAT SHEET where I share all my favourite hacks, so be sure to give that a read!
This decadent chocolate smoothie bowl tastes like dessert for breakfast – it’s sweet, creamy and loaded with protein, healthy fats, antioxidants and fibre! My favourite protein to use is MyVegan vanilla vegan blend (get 35% off with the code ELIBRECHER at check-out!)
Don’t forget to read my ULTIME SMOOTHIE CHEAT SHEET to discover all my tips and tricks!
For more smoothie recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these posts:
- Glowing Skin Smoothie
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
- Vanilla Mocha Milkshake
- Açaí Bowl
- Top 3 Green Smoothie Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
- Zesty Passion Fruit Smoothie Jar
Chocolate Smoothie Bowl Recipe (dairy-free, vegan)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp cacao
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder (use code ELIBRECHER for £5 off Myvegan protein)
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, add as many toppings and grab a spoon!
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition – I LOVE seeing all your recreations!