It’s been a while since my last blog post, while I’ve been focusing on my nutrition exams, expanding my recipe development business and setting up my Granola Shop. But I’m back with a breakfast recipe you won’t want to miss: Chia Granola Parfait.
This simple recipe requires just 5 basic ingredients. The 4 distinct layers means that it is bursting with so many different flavours, textures and of course nutrients. It’s surprisingly filling thanks to the fibre and omega-3 healthy fats in chia seeds, which can swell to up to 10 times their size by absorbing the liquid. What’s more, the yoghurt (which can be dairy-free) provides gut-friendly probiotics (the good bacteria) that can ease digestion.
If you’ve never heard of chia pudding, all it involves is chia seeds and your liquid of choice: water, almond milk or juice. In this recipe I’ve used Tribal‘s new energy smoothie in morello cherry & baobab flavour, which is made from 100% natural and organic ingredients. Baobab fruit is a natural source of Vitamin C, antioxidants and electrolytes. It’s 50% fibre so promotes digestive health, while also providing iron, calcium, zinc and magnesium. You can get 35% off your Tribal order with the code ‘eli’.
You could even prepare this Chia Granola Parfait the night before and leave it to chill in the fridge, ready to be devoured when you wake up! It’s equally delicious served as a healthy dessert after dinner.
You’ll want to make this for yourself ASAP, then serve it in little shot glasses to impress all your friends with this dazzling masterpiece! The recipe can be easily doubled/tripled depending on how many guests you’re serving it to.
Chia Granola Parfait Recipe – Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan
(Makes 4 shot glasses)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen redcurrants or berries of choice
- 1/2 cup Tribal cherry baobab smoothie (can replace with liquid of choice e.g. almond milk or orange juice)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup yoghurt of choice (I used dairy-free cashew yoghurt)
- 4 tbsp preferred granola (try this Homemade Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola for something extra special)
- Add the chia seeds and smoothie (or chosen liquid) to a small bowl and stir well. Allow to sit for 15 minutes as it becomes a gel, then stir again.
- Divide the berries or redcurrants equally and place at the bottom of 4 shot glasses.
- Divide the chia pudding and layer this on top.
- Layer the yoghurt evenly on top of this.
- Finally, sprinkle 1 tbsp of granola over the yoghurt and serve.
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @brechernutrition – I LOVE seeing all your recreations!
For more breakfast ideas, check out these recipes below:
- Salted Peanut Butter Granola
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola
- Cinnamon Chia Oatmeal
- Matcha Overnight Oats
- Creamy Coconut Porridge with Berry Compote
- Chai-Spiced Waffles
- Nutella Porridge
- Quinoa Porridge
- Turmeric and Goji Porridge
- Smashed Avocado Toast
- Vegan Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
- Vanilla Mocha Milkshake
- Almond Butter Coconut Granola
- Cranberry Christmas-Spiced Granola
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
- Zesty Passion Fruit Smoothie Jar
- Chocolate Hazelnut Pancake Stack
- Popcorn Chocolate Almond Butter Pancakes
- Vegan Coconut Banana Pancakes
- Basic Healthy Pancakes
- 2-minute Pecan Milk
- Superfood Goji Granola
- Nutty Cinnamon Granola
- Banana Nut Crunch Granola
- Pumpkin Pie Granola
- Pecan Pie Granola