Makes 15 brownies
- 175g dairy-free butter
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 85g dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 85g gluten-free self-raising flour (I use a blend of rice, maize and buckwheat flour)
- 50g cocoa or cacao powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C and line a brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put the dairy-free butter into a saucepan and melt it on a low heat. Pour it into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar and vanilla.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl and stir them with a fork. Add them to the large bowl and stir well.
- Sift the flour through a sieve into the large bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder and chocolate chips and mix everything well.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the top with the back of a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Chill in the fridge until set and then cut into 15 squares.
My new favourite way to start the day is fast, easy, light and incredibly satisfying. Fruit parfait is a highly nutritious breakfast and versatile treat – you can make it however you choose, mixing up a range of ingredients with different fruit and decorating it with a variety of tasty toppings.
2. Repeat until you have used up all the ingredients.
3. Serve fresh in a tall glass.