Makes 15 brownies
- 200g (dairy-free) butter
- ¼ cup granulated sweetener or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 90g (gluten-free) self-raising flour
- 55g cocoa or cacao powder
- 90g dark chocolate, broken into small chunks
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180°C and line a brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Beat the butter in a large bowl, then stir in the sweetener and vanilla.
3. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk, then add this to the rest of the mixture and mix until fully combined.
4. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder gradually and mix everything well, then fold in the dark chocolate.
5. Spoon the mixture into the lined brownie tin and smooth the top with the back of a spoon, then sprinkle over more chocolate (I also added gold stars for a festive touch!)!
6. Bake for 35-37 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Chill in the fridge until set and then cut into 16 squares.