These brownies taste like heaven and have that melt-in-your-mouth texture that will satisfy any craving. They are sweet and rich, plus they’re completely free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar – a much healthier take on this classic chocolatey dessert!
If you make these, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutter as I LOVE seeing your creations!
Makes 15 brownies
- 175g dairy-free butter
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 85g dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 85g gluten-free self-raising flour (I use a blend of rice, maize and buckwheat flour)
- 50g cocoa or cacao powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C and line a brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put the dairy-free butter into a saucepan and melt it on a low heat. Pour it into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar and vanilla.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl and stir them with a fork. Add them to the large bowl and stir well.
- Sift the flour through a sieve into the large bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder and chocolate chips and mix everything well.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the top with the back of a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Chill in the fridge until set and then cut into 15 squares.