I’ve finally come up with a flawless biscuit recipe that is vegan and does not contain any gluten, dairy, nuts or refined sugar! These biscuits taste buttery and salty but not overly sweet and have a light fluffy texture.
The biscuits become even more magical when spread with Homemade Raspberry Jam and served with a cup of tea. Alternatively, go wild and decorate them with icing and sprinkles like I did for this festive version. They are a wonderful treat to serve all year round, whether you use Christmas-tree shaped cookie cutters or not!
Festive Gluten-Free Biscuits Recipe (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup cold dairy-free butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 6 tbsp milk of choice (I use soya milk)
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients: sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add cold butter and use your hands to combine everything together until a sandy consistency is formed. Then pour in the milk, maple syrup and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Transfer the mixture onto a lightly floured surface or piece of parchment paper and knead gently for no more than 30 seconds.
- Use your hands to flatten the dough to about 1cm thick, then use cookie cutters to cut out the biscuits. Carefully transfer to the lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes until starting to turn golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes then enjoy, or store in an biscuits airtight container for up to one week.
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition – I LOVE seeing all your recreations!
For more festive recipes, check these out:
- Cranberry Christmas-Spiced Granola
- Chocolate Gingerbread Men
- Vegan Nut Roast
- Chocolate Sticky Toffee Cups
- Cacao, Coconut & Quinoa Clusters
- Hot Cross Bun Ice Cream