Want to know the secret ingredients to make the most delectably gooey brownies ever? OK I’ll spill the beans – yes that’s right, black beans are the secret! I know it’s a little unconventional but I swear these Black Bean Brownies taste incredible!
They’re vegan, packed with fibre, gluten-free and high in protein thanks to a scoop of my favourite protein, which is the Free Soul vanilla vegan blend – you can get £5 off with the code FSEli at check-out!
If you like these Gooey Black Bean Brownies, you will LOVE my Chocolate Caramel Mars Bars, Peanut Butter Protein Squares, Chocolate Peanut Butter Jelly Cups, Trillionaire Shortbread and Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Pie!
Let me know if you make these on Instagram @elibrechernutrition– I would love to see your creations!
Gooey Black Bean Brownies Recipe (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 1 x 400g can of black beans, drained and rinsed⠀
- 1 cup ground almonds⠀
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- 1/4 cup porridge oats ⠀
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein (use code FSEli for £5 off Free Soul protein)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup⠀
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder⠀
- pinch of salt⠀
- 1/4 cup raisins (can replace with choc chips!)⠀
For the frosting:
- 4 tbsp cream-cheese (I use a dairy-free one from Nush)
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C⠀
- Add all the ingredients except raisins to a strong food processor and blend until a smooth mixture forms. Then stir in the raisins by hand.⠀
- Line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper and pour the brownie mix in. ⠀
- Bake for 40 mins, then allow to cool fully for another 45 mins in the tin before slicing into squares.
- While the brownies are cooling, whip up the frosting by mixing together all frosting ingredients in a bowl. Spoon this over the brownies before serving.
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition – I LOVE seeing all your recreations!