This is seriously one of the best recipes I’ve ever made. I’ve said that before, but this time, just take my word for it. My dad has been obsessed with Banana Nut Crunch (a sugar-loaded but admittedly delicious cereal) for as long as I can remember. I set out to create a healthier alternative and this masterpiece was the result. It’s 100% free from added sugars (not even maple syrup or date nectar), and is instead sweetened with just two ripe bananas – and by the way, the whole family went BANANAS for this!
If you’ve tried any of my granolas – like this Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola, Pecan Pie Granola, Salted Almond Butter Granola, Superfood Goji Granola or my Nutty Cinnamon Granola, you’ll know I’ve got the whole homemade granola thing down. And if you haven’t tried them yet – well, what are you waiting for?
From a nutritional standpoint, it provides a source of both soluble and insoluble fibre from the jumbo oats, and a boost of protein and healthy fats from all the nuts and seeds. What’s more, the cinnamon has been proven to keep blood sugar levels stable, and if you add a handful of berries, you’ve got an entirely balanced meal.
If you follow me on Instagram @brechernutrition, you’ll have seen that I’ve started selling my own granola! So if you love granola but don’t have the time to bake it yourself, simply drop me an email to enquire/place an order: email@example.com or head over to my GRANOLA SHOP to see all the flavours!
This breakfast treat takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish, and the best part about this recipe is that it will make your whole home smell like Banana Bread!
I could literally snack on this all day long. My favourite ways to enjoy it include on its own with a splash of my 2-minute Pecan Milk, sprinkled generously over an Açaí Bowl, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake or a Post-Workout Chocolate Shake, or as a topping on my Healthy Chocolate Mousse.
- 2 cups jumbo oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped brazil nuts
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 over-ripe bananas, mashed (wait until they turn dark brown with black spots)
- Optional: 1/4 cup dried banana slices, 1/4 cup raisins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Combine coconut oil, mashed banana, cinnamon and ginger in a bowl and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Pour the mixture onto a lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn it over and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool, then add in the dried banana and raisins if using.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag me in a photo on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutter – I LOVE seeing all your recreations!
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER GRANOLA RECIPES:
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola
- Pecan Pie Granola
- Nutty Cinnamon Granola
- Salted Almond Butter Coconut Granola
- Superfood Goji Granola