These muffins were inspired by my very own Ultimate Banana Bread recipe, and will leave your kitchen with the same heavenly aroma. I love spreading a thick layer of my Raspberry Chia Jam over these, or spooning a little (read: a lot of) peanut butter on top for the dreamiest combination!
The best thing about these is that they’re super simple to make, requiring only one mixing bowl – no need for a food processor or any fancy equipment! They contain no added sugar at all (not even dates or maple syrup) as they’re sweetened by using overripe bananas, so I’m pretty sure if you eat enough of them they count as one of your five-a-day?! In other words, they’re 100% acceptable to have for breakfast – so easy to grab a couple as you dash out the door in the morning.
BANANA BREAD PECAN MUFFINS
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (I used baked strawberries but raisins/cranberries work)
- 2 eggs, whisked (use flax eggs for vegan option)
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup/honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with 14 muffin cases.
- Simply combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well until a smooth mixture forms.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for 25-30 minutes. Best served hot out the oven spread with my Raspberry Chia Jam!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition if you give this a try – I would love to see!