I don’t know where this year has gone but it’s already November which means one thing from me: lots and lots of festive recipes coming your way! This Cranberry Christmas-Spiced Granola was made with colder mornings in mind so I’ve added lots of warming spices, from cinnamon to ginger, while the cloves and nutmeg give it a little extra kick.
The combination of maple syrup and date syrup offer the granola a greater depth to the sweetness, but feel free to switch these up for honey, molasses or agave nectar if that’s your preference!
This Christmas-Spiced Granola is perfectly crisp, with both a nutty crunch and a slight chew from the dried cranberries. It is made from only the most wholesome and nutritious ingredients and is a delicious way to get yourself into the festive spirit!
If you follow me on Instagram @brechernutrition, you’ll have seen that I’ve started selling my own granola! So if you love granola but don’t have the time to bake it yourself, simply drop me an email to enquire/place an order: firstname.lastname@example.org or head over to my GRANOLA SHOP to see all the flavours!
Christmas-Spiced Granola Recipe (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Indigo Herbs, using their products.
Makes 3 cups granola
- 2 1/4 cups jumbo oats
- 1 cups mixed raw nuts, roughly chopped (I used walnuts and Brazil nuts)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or rapeseed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tbsp date syrup (or extra maple)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 160 C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
Place the oats and nuts in a large bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients, except cranberries, to a saucepan and stir together over a low heat until fully combined. Pour this liquid over the dry ingredients and mix together until the oats and nuts are completely coated.
Spread the mixture onto the lined baking tray and use the back of a spoon/spatula to pack it together tightly. Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and stir the mixture to ensure even baking. Sprinkle over the cranberries then return to oven for a further 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutter – I LOVE seeing all your creations!
Check out my other granola recipes below:
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola
- Almond Butter Coconut Granola
- Superfood Goji Granola
- Nutty Cinnamon Granola
- Banana Nut Crunch Granola
- Pecan Pie Granola
For more festive recipes, check these out:
- Chocolate Gingerbread Men
- Vegan Nut Roast
- Cacao, Coconut & Quinoa Clusters
- Chocolate Sticky Toffee Cups
- Hot Cross Bun Ice Cream
- Festive Vegan Gluten-Free Biscuits
And for more breakfast inspo, try these:
- Cinnamon Chia Oatmeal
- Matcha Overnight Oats
- Creamy Coconut Porridge with Berry Compote
- Chai-Spiced Waffles
- Nutella Porridge
- Quinoa Porridge
- Turmeric and Goji Porridge
- Smashed Avocado Toast
- Vegan Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
- Vanilla Mocha Milkshake
- Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
- Zesty Passion Fruit Smoothie Jar
- Chocolate Hazelnut Pancake Stack
- Popcorn Chocolate Almond Butter Pancakes
- Vegan Coconut Banana Pancakes
- Basic Healthy Pancakes
- 2-minute Pecan Milk