APPLE CRUMBLE MUFFINS 🍎 These apple crumble muffins combine all the nostalgic flavours of a classic apple crumble to offer a healthier alternative that’s gluten-free, dairy-free and made from wholesome ingredients! The irresistible crumble topping will have you coming back for more – I love having these for breakfast, cut in half and spread with a thick layer of almond butter 😍
P.S. Let me know if you make these on Instagram: @elibrechernutrition – I would love to see your creations!
APPLE CRUMBLE MUFFINS (Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free)
(Makes 10-12 muffins)
- 100g oat flour (make your own by grinding oats in a food processor)
- 100g coconut flour
- 100g sugar/sweetener
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, crack and whisk the egg.
- Then add in the milk and vinegar.
- Stir and set aside.
- In a third bowl, make the crumble topping by adding all topping ingredients to a bowl and using your hands to mix together.
- The mixture will be dry at first but keep using your hands until a crumble consistency is formed.
- Peel and finely chop the apple.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 C and grease a muffin tin with coconut oil (or use cupcake cases or a silicone mould).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix very well (I recommend using your hands again!)
- Divide the mixture between 10-12 muffin moulds (only filling about 3/4 of the way).
- Press about 2 tsp chopped apples into the top of each one, and finish by sprinkling the crumble on top and pressing down slightly.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes, then allow to cool fully before serving.
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition – I LOVE seeing all your recreations! For more dessert recipes, check these recipes out:
- Apple & Blueberry Crumble
- Peach & Nectarine Crumble
- Rocky Roads (vegan)
- Ultimate Banana Bread
- Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread
- Chocolate Sticky Toffee Cups
- Trillionaire Shortbread with Date-Tahini Caramel
- Easy Vegan Biscuits
- Chocolate Cake Pops
- Flourless Triple Chocolate Cake with Sticky Toffee Frosting
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Jelly Cups
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Granola
- Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 2-Minute Chocolate Protein Mug Cake
- Chocolate-dipped Sweet Potato Chips
- Secret Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- 3-Ingredients Nutella Truffles
- 3-Ingredient Raw Chocolate Bark
- Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie Pie
- Vegan Fudgey Oreo Brownies
- Chocolate Gingerbread Men
- Protein Mocha Muffins
- Cacao, Coconut & Quinoa Clusters
- Banana Bread Pecan Muffins
- Chocolate Caramel Mars Bars
- Banoffee Billionaire Bites
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Biscuits