Açaí berries are an incredible source of antioxidants and there are more ways to consume açaí powder than just adding it to a smoothie to make an Açaí Bowl – although if you haven’t tried my recipe for that I highly recommend it (obviously!)
Why not try adding açaí to your overnight oats? This recipe makes an ideal breakfast that balances nutritious superfoods with sweetness and satisfaction for the tastebuds! The chia seeds provide essential Omega 3 healthy fats, while the oats provide both soluble and insoluble fibre. The almond butter is rich in protein and vitamin E and the banana is a fantastic source of potassium!
I also love to stir in a spoonful or two of my Raspberry Chia Jam for a sweet and fruity twist.
Açai Berry Overnight Chia Oats
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- Handful of mixed berries
- 1 tbsp açaí powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Raspberry Chia Jam
1. Mix all ingredients together and stir well.
2. Place in the fridge and leave to soak overnight.
3. In the morning, stir again and top with fresh fruit of choice (try pomegranate kernels, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries).
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @elibrechernutrition if you give this a try – I would love to see!